Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Reese Dress--Reversible Corset Tiered Ruffle Dress


Earlier in the month, I stumbled on a blog, The Fashion Business Mentor, who was putting together a free workshop to help out small businesses. Essentially, it would be a collaboration of designers & photographers to showcase all our work. I was teamed up with two talented ladies--Bella Blossoms, who makes darling girls' accessories & Candace Rock Photography for pictures. The results of our collaboration are below. I think they're pretty amazing, but of course, I'm a bit biased. :)


I love the headband & bubblegum necklace Bella Blossoms created to match our dress! I used Create Kids' Couture's Primrose pattern to make the dress featured in the picture. It has an elongated sweetheart bodice, shirred back to a snug fit, & four layers of ruffles. I found some Annette Tatum Soliel fabric & thought the aqua/lemon combo was perfect for spring & summer. The last two tiers are Michael Miller fabrics, but I think it coordinates pretty well.

Check out a close-up of the ruffly goodness.


The corset can be tied either in the front or the back, so the dress can be worn in two different styles.


My favorite shot--a girl wearing the dress on a skateboard! Love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment